Sunday, February 8, 2009

3 Things

1. Mia sang the first verse of I am a Child of God, repeated three times, sliding a proud grin sideways to me in church. She was proud of herself.

2. Flour, sugar, eggs, butter, marmalade. . .is there anything nicer than looking at a mouth-watering recipe and noticing that not only do you have everything you need to make it, but the baby is asleep and the toddler is playing make-believe by herself, and 20 minutes to yourself in the kitchen will produce not only dessert but contentment.

3. It's February. I just created a file labeled "homemade Christmas ideas" for next year, there are already 4 items in it, and not one of them is food (homemade food gifts for neighbors, coworkers, etc.--that's a given, right?). When I told Joe that I'm going to make the pledge of Homemade Only for Christmas this year, he said "So you're starting now?" And let me assure you that it was not in the "wow, why so early?" sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment